By Frerich J. Keil
Combining the information thinking about approach engineering and strategy modeling, this is often the 1st booklet to hide all modeling equipment acceptable to approach intensification. either the editors and authors are popular specialists from and academia within the numerous fields of strategy modeling and built-in chemical processes.Following an creation to the subject, the ebook is going directly to examine gear and operational equipment, monolithic catalysis, HEX, micro- and opposite stream reactors, catalytic and reactive distillation, the simulated-moving mattress and vibration bubble column in addition to ultrasound and ultrasonic reactors. a last bankruptcy is dedicated to techniques lower than supercritical conditions.In its therapy of sizzling subject matters of multidisciplinary curiosity, this booklet is of significant price to researchers and engineers alike.
Read Online or Download Modeling of Process Intensification PDF
Similar chemical engineering books
Now in its 8th variation, Perry's Chemical Engineers' instruction manual bargains unequalled, updated assurance of all elements of chemical engineering. For the 1st time, person sections can be found for buy. you can now obtain simply the content material you would like for a fragment of the cost of the complete quantity.
The chemistry of heterocyclic compounds is likely one of the most complicated branches of natural chemistry. it really is both attention-grabbing for its theoretical implications, for the variety of its man made methods, and for the physiological and business value of heterocyclic compounds. the purpose of this sequence is to provide specialist shows of many of the branches of heterocyclic chemistry.
Availability of cheap power is a key think about delivering financial development and a more robust lifestyle. For transportation, just about all of the liquid fuels are made out of crude oil. replacement carbon resources are getting used for transportation fuels merely on a restricted scale, and examine efforts targeting the conversion of coal, typical gasoline, biomass and waste to liquid items (XTL conversion) ebb and move with the cost of crude oil.
Batch and Semi-batch Reactors: useful publications in Chemical Engineering is a cluster of brief texts that offer a centred introductory view on a unmarried topic. the complete library provides a simple realizing of the most subject matters within the chemical approach industries, permitting engineering pros to speedy entry info.
- Heterogeneous Reactor Design
- Computational Methods in Catalysis and Materials Science: An Introduction for Scientists and Engineers
- Attainable region theory: an introduction to choosing an optimal reactor
- Recent Advances in Adhesion Science and Technology in Honor of Dr. Kash Mittal
- Introduction to Chemical Engineering Computing
- Biopolymers: Biomedical and Environmental Applications
Extra info for Modeling of Process Intensification
An increase of conversion to 250% is realized if the same level of heat release ∆H is reached in the subsequent multitubular reactor by only adding 20% nominal capacity enhancement due to a microstructured wall reactor. 1 Introduction Since process intensiﬁcation represents a genuinely holistic approach, simulation is an integral part during the course of a project. The anticipation of phenomena by virtual means is one of the fundamental sources for intensifying strategies. , do the bulk of the work.
Stat. , 44, (1949), 335 D. L. 1 Introduction In the ﬁeld of conventional, macroscopic process technology, modeling and simulation approaches are by now used on a routine basis to design and optimize processes and equipment. Many of the models employed have been developed for and carefully adjusted to speciﬁc processes and reactors and allow to predict ﬂow as well as heat and mass transfer, often with a high degree of accuracy. Compared to that, modeling and simulation approaches for microreactors are more immature, but bear a great potential for even more reliable computer-based process engineering, as will be discussed below.
2. The phenomenology of ﬂow distributions in such channel domains was found to be quite diverse. At low Reynolds numbers the ﬂow is stationary, but at a Reynolds number of 150 oscillations begin to develop, with the vortices still being conﬁned in the recesses. At Re = 400 the viscous forces are no longer strong enough to conﬁne the vortices in the recesses and vortex ejection is observed. At even higher Reynolds numbers the ﬂow becomes aperiodic and chaotic. In some cases, for example when large residence times are desired, comparatively long microchannels have to be integrated into a compact microreaction device, a task that can only be achieved with curved channels.